Whether you’re dedicated to fulfilling a new year of personal resolutions or simply seeking the strength to take on a hard day, these 13 incredibly inspiring quotes are sure to motivate people with disabilities. Though no two situations are exactly alike, we all have the opportunity to live our lives with a heart on fire.
The human spirit is one of ability, perseverance and courage that no disability can steal away. Align your thoughts and speech to imagine possibilities and that which seemed impossible is suddenly within reach.
Start today. Embrace inspiration!
- “My advice to other disabled people would be, concentrate on things your disability doesn’t prevent you doing well, and don’t regret the things it interferes with. Don’t be disabled in spirit as well as physically.” -Stephen Hawking
- “Disability is a matter of perception. If you can do just one thing well, you’re needed by someone.” -Martina Navratilova
- “When you hear the word ‘disabled,’ people immediately think about people who can’t walk or talk or do everything that people take for granted. Now, I take nothing for granted. But I find the real disability is people who can’t find joy in life and are bitter.” -Teri Garr
- “Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” -Francis of Assisi
- “For me, disability is a way of getting some extremity, some kind of very difficult situation, that throws an interesting light on people.” -Mark Haddon
- “A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.” -Christopher Reeves
- “It’s the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.” -Muhammad Ali
- “I’m officially disabled, but I’m truly enabled because of my lack of limbs. My unique challenges have opened up unique opportunities to reach so many in need.” -Nick Vujicic
- “Your success and happiness lies in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties.” -Helen Keller
- “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” -Jimmy Dean
- “Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain… To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices – today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it.” -Kevyn Aucoin
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” -Theodore Roosevelt
- “Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you.” -Walt Whitman
What are some of your favorite quotes? Do you have a personal motto or mantra that helps you overcome a daily challenge?
Here at VMI, we embrace the unique challenges faced by every customer and we’re committed to finding solutions that empower independence and personal freedom. It’s just one of the reasons our VMI slogan is “Imagine Possibilities“. This foundation has been a catalyst for our teams, products and processes, resulting in countless lives changed and hopes renewed.
We truly believe you can achieve most anything once you’ve imagined possibilities for the road ahead!