Honda Odyssey With VMI Northstar Conversion
Honda In-Floor Ramp Vans
To satisfy our customers’ needs for additional interior space and a clean, obstruction-free accessible vehicle interior, VMI pioneered the development of the Northstar in-floor wheelchair ramp system for the Honda Odyssey minivan. After almost two decades of refinement, the Northstar remains the most technologically advanced handicap ramp system on the market. Instead of taking up space inside the handicap vehicle, the Northstar wheelchair ramp simply rolls out from beneath the floor. When one considers the advantages of the Northstar in-floor wheelchair ramp system, there is no question why the Northstar is far and away VMI’s best-selling product.
Honda Odyssey with VMI Northstar
- Maximum interior space for wheelchair maneuverability
- Obstruction-free doorway allows easy entry/exit for able-bodied passengers
- Reduced accessible van conversion wear (no need to deploy mobility ramp for able-bodied passengers)
- Clean, uncluttered handicapped vehicle interior
- Less dirt and debris from ramp into handicap accessible vehicle interior
- Wider usable accessible ramp surface
- Easy access to all interior buttons, handles, and switches
- Full use of front passenger seat
- No squeaking or rattling from wheelchair ramp
- Handicap Ramp stowed safely under floor in the event of a collision
- Deployable on curbs up to 10” in height
- Door opening height - 55"
- Door opening width - 30.75"
- Wheelchair Ramp length (angled ramp and transition plate) - 59"
- Mobility Ramp length (distance ramp protrudes from mobility vehicle) - 43"
- Usable Handicap Ramp width - 30"
- Overall floor length - 91.5"
- Length (from back of seat bases to kickplate) - 61.75"
- Floor width at B pillar - 60"
- Floor width at front doors - 60.5"
- Interior height at center position - 60"
- Interior height at driver's position - 57.25" without sunroof
Honda Odyssey with VMI Northstar only
- Ultra-low 8.0° accessible ramp angle
- 750lb. wheelchair ramp capacity
- Sure Deploy backup system allows users to stow or deploy the mobility ramp van conversion even in the event of complete power failure
- Manual secondary backup system for additional peace of mind
Honda Odyssey with Northstar AND Summit
- Full-power ramp and conversion
- 12.75” drop FLEX Floor maximizes headroom and interior space for wheelchair maneuverability
- Patented independent rear suspension designed to preserve Honda ride quality and performance
- E-coated floor for maximum corrosion resistance
- NEW, ultra-reliable hydraulic PowerKneel system lowers the minivan to reduce ramp angle
- Seamless integration with Honda Odyssey electronics prevents damage to vehicle/conversion
- Conversion control through Honda keyfob and interior sliding-door switches
- Halo-lit, one-touch interior conversion button
- Ramp ON/OFF switch allows users to disable all conversion features for guest drivers, valets, car wash attendants, etc., and open sliding doors for able-bodied passengers without deploying the ramp
- NEW lightweight, removable front seats are easier to install or remove
- NEW quick-release straps allow users to remove front seats in seconds without removing plastic covers or searching for handles/pedals beneath the seat
- Non-skid handicapped ramp surface
- Fully crash-tested and compliant with all government safety standards
- 3-year/36,000-mile warranty
Durafloor (rubberized flooring) closely matched to the existing Honda Odyssey interior
Culmination of Wheelchair Accessible Vans
The VMI Northstar wheelchair accessible van represents the culmination of our forward thinking philosophy. VMI Northstar mobility minivans on a Honda Odyssey chassis feature a power in-floor mobility ramp for open and unrestricted entry by those with a disability.
The Honda Odyssey with VMI Northstar handicap van conversion also offers amazing interior maneuverability. The VMI one touch remote control allows easy and simple wheelchair ramp deployment at your fingertips, while VMI Power Kneel gives an extremely low handicap ramp angle in these mobility vehicle conversions.
The VMI Northstar handicap conversion van on Honda Odyssey minivans is the end result of years of work by Vantage Mobility International engineers. The result is one of the finest and most accessible mobility conversion vehicles on the road.
Different Wheelchair Van Models Available
VMI Northstar wheelchair van conversions are available on Honda Odyssey EX, EX-L, Touring, and Touring Elite. Whether you are searching an affordable disability transportation solution or a fully loaded handicap conversion vehicle, the Honda Odyssey with VMI Northstar has a niche for you.
The combination of accessible features on the Honda Odyssey with VMI Northstar handicap conversion vehicle is unmatched in its wheelchair access. The in-floor wheelchair ramp offers entry and exit into the mobility van conversion, and once inside, a person who is disabled can choose anywhere inside the vehicle to ride. Even the front passenger or drivers position are accessible!
Compatible Wheelchair Van Accessories
Hand controls or other handicap driving aids can also be added for a completely independent driving solution in Honda Odyssey with VMI Northstar wheelchair vehicle conversions.