Dodge Grand Caravan With VMI Summit Conversion
Dodge Folding Ramp Vans
The Summit folding wheelchair ramp van conversion on a Dodge Grand Caravan is an economical choice compared to the popular Northstar in-floor handicapped ramp conversion from VMI. Summit mobility ramps utilize siderails that are 2 inches tall. This is especially important for those with a hard time navigating an incline. VMI Summit handicapped accessible van on the Dodge Grand Caravan also includes an industry best access ramp length of only 50.25”.
The short handicap ramp provides two key advantages to VMI customers. First, passengers can easily use the Dodge handle for the sliding door and switches because the handicapped ramp is not covering them. Second, users in wheelchairs have more room to move on and off the ramp when other vehicles park too close.
Dodge Grand Caravan with VMI Summit Only
- 2” siderails help people with a disabilities stay on the ramp when coming in and out of the handicapped vehicle
- When other vehicles park too close, 50.25” wheelchair ramp leaves wheelchair users more room to maneuver
- By simply pushing outward on the handicapped ramp, it can be deployed for a safe exit in the event of a mechanical or power failure
- Handicap ramp surface allows debris to fall through so it doesn't end up inside the wheelchair vehicle
- Mobility ramp has a quiet cabin dut to an anti-rattle device
- 600lb. handicapped ramp rating
- Fully-powered accessible ramp
- 11” drop FLEX Floor maximizes head clearance and interior space for maneuvering a wheelchair
- Complete undercoating and rust proofing
- PowerKneel system lowers the minivan to reduce wheelchair ramp angle
- Total integration with Dodge systems prevents damage to vehicle/ conversion
- Accessible van conversion is controlled through and interior sliding-door switches and Dodge keychain
- Easy-out passenger and front driver seat stands
- No-slip handicapped ramp
- Total crash-testing and compliance with all government standards for safety
- 3-year/36,000-mile warranty
- Maximum Floor Drop - 11"
- Mobility Vehicle Ground Clearance - 5.5"
- Door Opening Height - 54.25"
- Usable Wheelchair Ramp Width - 28.88"
- Handicap Ramp Length - 50.25"
- Length from Back of Seats to Kickplate - 58.25"
- Overall Floor Length - 86"
- Floor Width at Doors - 61"
- Interior Height at Center Position - 58"
- Interior Height at Drivers & Passengers Position (Without Sunroof) - 58"
- Steering Wheel Bottom to Floor - 29.5"
- Measured Down from Front Edge of Steering Wheel to Front Kick-Up - 16.25
- Power Folding Wheelchair Ramp with Non-Skid Surface
- Power Sliding Door with Easy Manual Operation
- Maximum Interior Headroom
- Undercoating and Complete Rust Proofing
- Manual Backup Ramp Operation
- Warranty - Mobiltiy Conversion Van
- Fully Crash Tested
- Remote Control Activation
- 600 Pound Load Rating for Handicap Ramp
- 9.7 Degree Handicap Ramp Angle
- Rubberized Flooring
Dodge Grand Caravan Mobility Conversion Van
The Dodge Grand Caravan with VMI Summit mobility conversion van provides greater interior room than other folding mobility ramp vans. The exclusive Vantage Mobility International design allows for a folding wheelchair ramp system that creates this extra space.
For maximum security while entering the handicap vehicle conversion, side rails on the ramp have been raised 2 inches to prevent accidental roll-off. The entry angle of the ramp has also been reduced by the inclusion of Power Kneel.
VMI continues to distance themselves from their competition, and the VMI Northstar wheelchair vehicle conversion on a Dodge Grand Caravan continues this trend. VMI Summit mobility van conversion on the Dodge Grand Caravan minivan has played a major role in Vantage Mobility International's lineup for over 15 years. It is easy to see why because of the end-user access.
Specific Wheelchair Conversion Van Advantages
Dodge Grand Caravans offer a specific set of advantages over competitors wheelchair conversion vans. In fact, because the VMI Summit is available on the Express, Mainstreet, Crew, and R/T, there is a model that will work for almost any situation.
Special design configurations have been made in several areas of these wheelchair van conversions. The floor has been lowered 11 inches which provides 54" of headroom while entering. The front seating area has also been configured for disability access, meaning a disabled person can choose to ride in the front passenger position or even drive.
Easy-Clean Handicap Accessible Vehicle Interior
VMI Summit handicap accessible vehicles offer optional rubberized flooring for an easy-clean interior. For additional details on the VMI Summit or Dodge Grand Caravan, contact a VMI Mobility dealer soon.