Honda Odyssey With VMI Summit Conversion
Honda Folding Ramp Vans
The Summit accessible fold-out ramp van conversion on a Honda Odyssey is a basic, economical alternative to VMI’s best-selling Northstar in-floor ramp system. Fold-out wheelchair ramps sit inside the handicapped vehicle cabin and extend outward when deployed. Summit fold-out ramp conversions do include 2” ramp siderails, which are ideal for those customers who sometimes have difficulty navigating their handicap ramps.
The Summit mobility van conversion on the Honda Odyssey is VMI’s most advanced fold-out conversion to date. In fact the Summit conversion shares many new features with the all-new VMI Northstar conversion. While other manufacturers offer fold-out accessible ramps, none can offer the reliability or ease-of-use of the VMI Summit on a Honda Odyssey minivan.
Honda Odyssey with VMI Summit Only
- 2” siderails help wheelchair users stay on the accessible ramp when entering/exiting mobility vehicle
- With a simple push outward, ramp can be deployed manually for a quick exit in the event of a power or mechanical failure
- Perforated handicapped ramp surface allows debris to fall through before it is brought into accessible vehicle interior
- Handicap ramp equipped with anti-rattle mechanism for a quiet vehicle cabin
- 600lb. wheelchair ramp load capacity
Honda Odyssey with VMI Northstar AND Summit
- Full-power mobility ramp and conversion
- 12.75” drop FLEX Floor maximizes headroom and interior space for wheelchair maneuverability
- Patented independent rear suspension designed to preserve Honda Odyssey ride quality and performance
- E-coated floor for maximum corrosion resistance
- NEW, ultra-reliable hydraulic PowerKneel system lowers the minivan to reduce ramp angle
- Seamless integration with Honda vehicle electronics prevents damage to vehicle/conversion
- Mobility van conversion control through Honda keyfob and interior sliding-door switches
- Halo-lit, one-touch interior conversion button
- Ramp ON/OFF switch allows users to disable all conversion features for guest drivers, valets, car wash attendants, etc., and open sliding doors for able-bodied passengers without deploying the ramp
- NEW lightweight, removable front seats are easier to install or remove from handicap vehicle
- NEW quick-release straps allow users to remove front seats in seconds without removing plastic covers or searching for handles/pedals beneath the seat
- Non-skid accessible ramp surface
- Fully crash-tested and compliant with all government safety standards
- 3-year/36,000-mile warranty
- Door Opening Height - 55"
- Door Opening Width - 30.75"
- Handicap Ramp Length (angled ramp and transition plate) - 49.5"
- Wheelchair Ramp Length (distance ramp protrudes from mobility vehicle) - 39"
- Usable Mobility Ramp Width - 28.9"
- Overall Floor Length - 91.5"
- Length (from back of seat bases to kickplate) - 61.75"
- Floor Width at B Pillar - 60"
- Floor Width at Front Doors - 60.5"
- Interior Height at Center Position - 60"
- Interior Height at Driver's Position - 57.25" Without Sunroof
- FLEX Floor - E-coated for Corrosion Resistance
- 12.75" Lowered Floor Drop
- Most Floor Length of Any VMI handicap van conversion
- Most Floor Width of Any VMI wheelchair conversion van
- Power Kneel Optimized for Reliability and Noise Reduction
- Patented Independent Rear Suspension
- FMVSS 301R Compliant
- Power Folding Handicap Ramp with Non-skid Surface
- Power Door with Easy Manual Operation
- Removable Front Seat Bases
- Mobility Conversion Warranty
- Manual Wheelchair Tie-down System
- Fully Crash Tested
- Remote Control Entry
- 600 Pound Load Rating for Mobility Ramp
- 10 Degree Wheelchair Ramp Angle
- Durafloor (rubberized flooring)
The folding wheelchair ramp on the Honda Odyssey with VMI Summit wheelchair vehicle conversion features a new and improved design. For disabled customers searching for a fold-out handicap ramp system on one of the finest minivans available, look no further.
The Honda Odyssey with VMI Summit mobility van conversion is here. In a recent focus group, Honda Odyssey with VMI Summit wheelchair vans were preferred by more than 4 to 1 when compared to the leading competitor's folding mobility ramp van.
The VMI Summit on a Honda Odyssey wheelchair conversion van is a folding wheelchair ramp alternative to the Vantage Mobility International Northstar mobility vehicle conversion. VMI Summit handicap van conversions are one of the most popular means of travel for the disabled community due to their easy wheelchair access and affordability.
VMI Summit handicap vehicle conversions offer wheelchair access via a folding mobility ramp at the side passenger sliding door. But the accessible features go much further. Once inside, a person with a disability can choose where to position. The front seat bases are removable, which means riding in the front passenger position, or even driving with the assistance of a mobility driving control or device.
The VMI Summit mobility conversion van is available on the Honda Odyssey EX, EX-L, Touring, and Touring Elite minivans. No matter your situation or budget, be sure to test drive a VMI Summit on the Honda Odyssey wheelchair conversion vehicle before deciding which accessible vehicle to buy.